We have a fantastic opportunity for a Receptionist to represent our Prestigious Golf Clubhouse. You will be required to provide a professional and efficient Front of House service for our guests and members. Located just 22 miles outside of London and surrounded by 543 acres of idyllic Hertfordshire countryside, the Brocket Hall Estate boasts spectacular scenery and combines heritage and impeccable service while offering some of the finest golf, fine dining and conference & event facilities in the United Kingdom.
Job Title: Receptionist
Reports To: Clubhouse Manager/Head Receptionist
Location: Welwyn, United Kingdom
Salary: Competitive Salary
Working Days: Monday – Sunday
Working Hours: 40 hours per week.
Receptionist job role:
- To help maintain effective relationships and communication with all other departments;
- Answer incoming calls promptly and efficiently in the agreed manner. Re-directs calls as necessary or take messages. Pass on any messages taken, quickly (by telephone, e-mail, in writing or in person);
- Answer the gate phone calls, requesting identification and destination on the Estate. Allow Hall guests and authorised personnel only, through the Hall gate. Inform appropriate staff of guest’s arrivals;
- Manage keys for Melbourne Lodge rooms and the club lockers. Records any missing ones – and reports them to the Head Receptionist;
- Ensure the smooth handover between shifts and that all pertinent information is passed on to the oncoming Receptionist;
- Has full knowledge of the systems we use: RoomMaster, BRS Golf and ResDiary
- Take bedroom reservations and cancellations. Records no-shows. Handles check-ins and registration, check-outs and billings via RoomMaster. Pass on all relevant information to other departments in connection with special bedroom requests (i.e. cots, z-beds, flowers etc.). Plus, details such as early check-ins, late checkouts etc;
- Inform Housekeeping and Maintenance departments of problems as they arise;
- Thoroughly understand and follow the proper money handling policies and procedures;
- Understand the type of rooms available and the room rates. Must be aware of all special offers available and be ready to quote them and make the appropriate reservation;
- Attend meetings when requested to do so by Heads of Departments.
- Previous experience of working in a similar role
- Smart & professional appearance
- Excellent communication skills
- Outstanding customer service
- Free Car Parking • Complimentary meal during your working day • Career opportunities and the ability to cross-train in other departments • Uniform • Contributory Pension Scheme • Reward for introducing a friend • Free Golf & Staff Discounts (Subject to qualifying period).
Want to Apply?
Fill in the form below and submit
Brocket Hall History
Planning your Visit
Hertfordshire AL8 7XG