An amazing opportunity in a unique location! We are looking for an HR Officer with a background in hospitality to be responsible for the accurate processing and administration of the permanent and casual monthly payrolls, recruiting and general HR tasks. Located just 22 miles outside of London and surrounded by 543 acres of idyllic Hertfordshire countryside, the quintessentially British Brocket Hall Estate combines spectacular scenery and impeccable service making it a great place to work and a relaxed environment for members and guests.
Job Title: HR Officer
Reports To: General Manager
Location: Welwyn, United Kingdom
Salary: Competitive Salary
Working Days/Hours: Flexible
HR Officer Role:
- Processing and administration of monthly payrolls for permanent and casual employees; liaising with the Payroll Bureau; adhere to payroll deadlines.
- Processing and administration of all new employees and leavers.
- Ensure all statutory reporting is completed to the highest standards within legislated deadlines;
- Undertaking monthly and year end reconciliations (Payroll, Pensions, PAYE, NIC, Auditor’s schedule).
- Liaison with Heads of Department to ensure timesheets are correctly completed, authorised and received in a timely manner. Analyse timesheets with regard to lieu time/overtime and compile report for management.
- Answer staff pay queries.
- Maintain appropriate records with regard to staff absences (holidays, sickness etc).
- Carrying out general administrative duties as required.
- Administration of employee benefits.
- Administration of company’s pension scheme – pension contribution upload, pension opt outs.
- First point of contact with HMRC.
- Fourth – System maintenance – annual budget input, production of weekly payroll cost reports, manager system training, system utilization.
- Produce and update monthly HR report.
- Reviewing applications and CV’s.
- Advertising vacancies on necessary platforms including job boards, LinkedIn and/or social media to recruit talent.
- Scheduling interviews.
- Liaising and working with all HOD’s across the Estate.
- Record recruitment activity regarding interviews, applications and purchases.
- Completing purchase requisition forms for agency staff and job board subscriptions.
HR Officer Requirements:
- Minimum 3 years’ human resources and payroll experience in a hospitality setting.
- Computer literate with experience of working with Excel, Word and Sage Line 50.
- Hardworking, self-motivated with an eye for detail.
- Proven ability to work to deadlines.
- Excellent oral, written communication and interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrate good analytical qualities.
- Approachable and responsive to the needs of others.
- Experience of working with both professional advisors and other non-financial managers.
- Recruitment Experience.
HR Officer Benefits:
• Free Car Parking • Complimentary meal during your working day • Career opportunities and the ability to cross-train in other departments • Contributory Pension Scheme • Reward for introducing a friend • Free Golf & Staff Discounts (Subject to qualifying period).
Want to Apply?
Fill in the form below and submit
Brocket Hall History
Planning your Visit
Hertfordshire AL8 7XG