Located just 22 miles outside of London and surrounded by 543 acres of idyllic Hertfordshire countryside, the Brocket Hall Estate boasts spectacular scenery and combines heritage and impeccable service while offering some of the finest golf, fine dining and conference & event facilities in the United Kingdom.
Job Title: Head Mechanic
Reports To: Course Manager
Location: Welwyn, United Kingdom
Salary: Competitive Salary
Working Days: Monday – Sunday 5/7 days
Working Hours: Changes seasonally – average 42 hours per week
Duties will include:
- Servicing machinery at their hourly intervals and record work.
- Keep up to date stock levels.
- Manage greenkeeping staff in accordance with preventative maintenance program.
- Grinding units.
- Checking quality and height of cut.
- Keeping workshop and waste areas clean at all time.
- Diagnosis and fixing of broken-down machinery, and keeping a record of what is entailed.
- Manage the machinery budget.
- Write, update and oversee Risk and COSHH Assessments for machinery department.
- Perform greenkeeping tasks when required.
- Give induction training to new staff members and monitor good practice from existing members.
- NVQ Level II in Mechanical Engineering.
- Full Clean Driving Licence;
- Previous Greenkeeping experience essential;
- Possess a sound knowledge of mechanics.
• Free Car Parking • Complimentary meal during your working day • Career opportunities and the ability to cross-train in other departments • Uniform • Contributory Pension Scheme • Reward for introducing a friend • Free Golf & Staff Discounts (Subject to qualifying period).
Want to Apply?
Fill in the form below and submit
Brocket Hall History
Planning your Visit
Hertfordshire AL8 7XG