Brocket Hall is surrounded by 543 acres of stunning parkland offering some of the finest golf, fine dining and conference & event facilities in the United Kingdom. The Clubhouse sits beside Broadwater Lake with a view over some of our signature holes on the Melbourne course. With the main Hall taking pride of place overlooking the estate.
As the Hall and Golf Club Head Chef you will provide the kitchen with leadership to provide optimal production and high-quality meal production covering catering for events of an exceptional standard to an all-day dining clubhouse eatery and one of the most sought after exclusive use venues in the country. As a leader, overseeing multiple areas of the business you will be hands on and maintain the highest of standards in all areas focusing on food production, efficiency, profitability and recruitment.
You will be required to produce exciting and up to date menus, in keeping with the style and format that has seen them become so successful. The menus will need to reflect the estate and department within.
You will have full autonomy over the Kitchen and expected to lead from the front.
Potential candidates must have a passion for excellence, a warm, friendly and positive attitude with strong communication skills.
- Efficient and profitable operation of food outlets including Brocket Hall and The Melbourne Club Clubhouse. To ensure all Kitchen Team are focused on delivering exceptional food.
- To ensure all client requirements, estate product and service standards and current legislation are met, whilst ensuring all operational costs are in line with forecasted sales and measurable financial targets of the estate are achieved.
- To be responsible for the efficient running of all food outlets on a day to day basis, fully embracing the Clubhouse and Hall, responsible for the quality of food and profitability of production, including breakfast, Banqueting and daily clubhouse catering.
- To be fully conversant with all Food Hygiene legislation to ensure compliance, carrying out spot checks on food items to ensure date labeling is in place and effective
- Ensure cleaning schedules are used, effective, maintained, filed and recorded
- In conjunction with the Clubhouse Manager / Managing Director monitor and evaluate standards within the Kitchen, ensuring estate standards are adhered to at all times.
- To ensure each food outlet is set to standard and is working in line with the Brand standard
- Be fully aware of the venue’s current activities and business targets, particularly with reference to the current and forecasted function sheets.
- To be aware of stock levels of food ensuring the relevant menu items are available for production, wastage kept to a minimum achieving required food GP
- Encourage efficient and effective inter-departmental communication in order to promote a climate of teamwork and motivation.
- Attend the weekly operations meeting, and any other meeting deemed necessary
- Ensure Kitchen / Kitchen Porters rota’s are in line with business requirements for the forthcoming weeks
- Communicate positively with colleagues and Management to ensure effective teamwork and high morale.
- Ensure that Brand Standards and legal standards for cleanliness are maintained within the Kitchen to ensure that any maintenance issues within the kitchens are reported through and rectified as soon as possible
- Support and action HR, recruitment and employee relations issues.
- To maximise productivity, minimise waste of man hours through effective rostering, ensuring no unnecessary overtime, casual or agency staff
- Responsible for inspecting all kitchen areas, cold rooms and equipment reporting to Maintenance any defects or breakdowns
- Ensure recruitment is in line with agreed manpower/ productivity levels and to keep HR informed at all times of recruitment
Level 2 Award in Food Safety in Catering essential.
Level 3 Award in Food Safety in Catering is desireable.
Previous Head Chef and banqueting experience in a very busy quality establishment.
Excellent spoken English