Golf Retail Supervisor
An amazing opportunity in a unique location! We are looking for a Golf Retail Supervisor, to assist with the smooth running of all Golf Retail Operations on two of the finest Championship golf courses in the south of England, to the highest possible service standard.
Located just 22 miles outside of London and surrounded by 543 acres of idyllic Hertfordshire countryside, the quintessentially British Brocket Hall Estate combines spectacular scenery and impeccable service making it a great place to work and a relaxed environment for members and guests.
Job Title: Golf Retail Supervisor – Maternity Cover
Working Days: Monday – Sunday 5 days out of 7
Salary: Salary on Application
Location: The Melbourne Club, Brocket Hall, Welwyn, United Kingdom
Duties will include:
- To assist the Club’s Management in overseeing the Golf Services team, which includes marshals, rangers, bag drop and retail;
- To assist the Club’s Management in heading up and overseeing the smooth running and the administration of the bag drop area. This includes ensuring budget revenue targets are achieved, Service levels are achieved and operation is successful;
- To assist/manage staff rotas, hours of work, and completion of times sheets;
- To assist/manage the training and development of all staff in all aspects of their duties, including retail, customer service, golf bookings, hire procedures, starting, controlling the time allocations on the golf course etc;
- To manage and oversee the daily cashing up of income and its safekeeping;
- To assist the Club’s Management in overseeing the ordering of all stock and subsequently control that stock through monthly stock takes, and reporting any trends in low stock numbers;
- To oversee all golf bookings, the hire of club trolleys/buggies and subsequent maintenance of these areas;
- To manage and oversee invoicing, delivery notes and purchase orders, collating information and returning to the accounts department at month end and preparing month end accruals, in accordance with the Golf Operations Manager/Assistant Manager;
- Must possess a good understanding of golf.
- Must have worked at a supervisory level within a high end retail operation for a minimum of 1 year;
- Must possess exceptional communication and customer service skills;
- Must have the ability to motivate and manage staff within Golf Operations;
- Ability to work in a pressurised environment;
- A confident and professional approach to work;
- Must be self-motivated and able to act on own initiative;
- Attention to detail;
- A positive and outgoing personality is essential.
- Staff Accommodation available (including on-site) & Free Car Parking
- Complimentary meal during your working day
- Coaching & Development
- Contributory Pension Scheme
- Childcare Vouchers
- Reward for introducing a friend
- Annual Awards
- Staff Parties
- Free Eye Tests
- Free Golf & Staff Discounts
Want to Apply?
Fill in the form below and submit
Brocket Hall History
Planning your Visit
Hertfordshire AL8 7XG