After 28 successful, reliable and hardworking years, our current course manager is stepping down to spend some time enjoying the fruits of his labour and improving his handicap.
This creates an exceptional opportunity for an individual who wants to make his mark at one of the leading golf facilities in the South East.
Located just 22 miles outside of London and surrounded by 543 acres of idyllic Hertfordshire countryside, the Brocket Hall Estate boasts spectacular scenery and combines heritage and impeccable service while offering some of the finest golf, fine dining and conference & event facilities in the United Kingdom.
Job Title: Course Manager
Reports To: General Manager
Location: Welwyn, United Kingdom
Salary: Competitive Salary
Working Days: Monday – Sunday 5/7 days
Working Hours: Average 45 hours per week
Course Manager Role:
- Manage and upkeep of all golf courses, academy and driving range, greenkeepers, gardeners and mechanics, demonstrating high levels of management skills, communication and leadership.
- Attend daily/weekly HOD meetings.
- Manage and develop budgets, control finances and resources within agreed budgets.
- Adhere to all environmental, health & safety and estate policies.
- Provide quality training, reviews and appraisals/disciplinaries for all members of staff you are responsible for.
- Create an exceptional apprenticeship and cross training programme.
- Listen to and acting upon all positive/negative feedback.
- Mowing, aeration, irrigation, application of foliar feeding programs to the golf courses.
- Cut tees, greens, surrounds, fairways, rough and semi rough.
- Identifying and controlling moss, pests and diseases.
- Renovating and repairing turf.
- Maintaining bunkers and surrounds.
- Selection, prepping and maintenance planning for machinery.
Course Manager Requirements:
- LEVEL III – Greenkeeping.
- LEVEL III – Turf management and maintenance.
- LEVEL III/IIII – Spraying.
- First Aid Qualification.
- Pesticides Modules PA1, PA2 and PA6.
- Experience in greenkeeping machinery and equipment.
- Knowledge of irrigation and water management.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience as a head greenkeeper in a 4/5* resort or 36-hole course.
- Positive Can-Do attitude.
- Strong leadership skills.
- Basic IT skills.
- Sound knowledge of responsibilities, duties and practices of greenkeeping.
- Full Driving Licence.
Course Manager Benefits:
• Free Car Parking • Complimentary meal during your working day • Career opportunities and the ability to cross-train in other departments • Uniform • Contributory Pension Scheme • Reward for introducing a friend • Free Golf & Staff Discounts (Subject to qualifying period).
Want to Apply?
Fill in the form below and submit
Brocket Hall History
Planning your Visit
Hertfordshire AL8 7XG