Being based at the Clubhouse, supports and oversees all aspects of the Food and Beverage, Reception and Melbourne Lodge operation with a strong focus and hands-on approach in kitchen and service of the Clubhouse and Lodge accommodation. This role is responsible for the day-to-day smooth operation of the Clubhouse and Melbourne Lodge. Development of designated apprentices and trainees.
- Hands-on supervision of all events in the Clubhouse. Co-ordinates and supervises the preparation, presentation and service of food products to ensure the highest quality at all times;
- Ensure shifts are run efficiently, providing outstanding customer service, supervising staff and assisting departmental managers and supervisors whilst maintaining a calm and professional environment at all times;
- Supervises the functioning of all Food and Beverage employees, facilities, sales and costs, to ensure maximum departmental profit is achieved;
- Oversees the Main Estate Reception operation with the support of the Reception team;
- Be proactive in the generation of business for the Clubhouse and Lodge;
- Controls and analysis, on an on-going basis, in order to optimise the following:
- Quality levels of product and service
- Guest satisfaction
- Merchandising and marketing
- Operating costs
- Sanitation and cleanliness (hygiene);
- Lodge room revenue
- Clubhouse revenues
- Working closely on the training and development of all personnel – including ascertaining individual needs, formulating training plans, probationary reviews and annual performance appraisals;
- Establishes and maintains effective employee relations;.
- Monitor the planning and use of annual leave throughout the Clubhouse to ensure adequate staffing at all times;
- To play a key role in the recruitment of new staff and their induction into the company thereafter;
- Paying close attention to all Clubhouse rosters ensuring all areas are adequately staffed in line with business levels and payroll budgets.
- Implement and develop standards and policies for all Clubhouse operations – ensuring staff are kept up to date with changes of policies and procedure;
- Maintain effective communication throughout the Clubhouse operation with regular meetings and proper shift handovers;
- Ensure a management presence in the Clubhouse at all times;
- Prepares and submits weekly/monthly reports as required;
- To be fully aware and to adhere to Health and Safety, Food Hygiene, fire and emergency procedures. Follow up on any reports of accidents or incidents in any area of the department;
- Support the Clubhouse team in their various roles within the Clubhouse structure acting as a point of contact for any problems they may be experiencing;
- Undertake a stock take procedure for the Clubhouse beverage and operating equipment including minimum and maximum par stocks;
- Participate in the preparation and execution of the Clubhouse Social Calendar;
- Attend Club events and competitions to offer and show support to the Club Members from the Clubhouse Management team;
- Deal effectively with complaints and comments from all Members and guests and communicate these issues as necessary;
- Liaise as required with other departments on the Estate with regards to Clubhouse activities and staffing flexibility across all areas of the estate;
- Monitor housekeeping and maintenance issues throughout the Clubhouse and communicate any problems areas to the relevant departments;
- Ensure that food and beverage cost levels are monitored and controlled in line with budgeted targets;
- Ensure that monthly budgeted and forecasted revenues and expenses are achieved;
- Operating the department in line with payroll budgets, paying close attention to seasonal requirements. Record and monitor hours worked and supply reports/timesheets as necessary;
- Oversee the Banqueting Department to ensure Best Practice, efficient staffing and adherence to Company Policies & Procedures;
- Acting as the main liaison between service and kitchen staff establishing a close working relationship with the Head Chef;
- Ensure reservations for the restaurant are organised and controlled in line with operating procedures. Keep records of these to identify trends and business patterns;
- Assists in the direction of pre-service meetings with the service personnel and relays information and policy changes.
- CIEH Level 3 Award in Supervising Food Safety in Catering or equivalent;
- Good standard of education.
- Minimum of 5 years in a F&B management role – in five star establishments;
- Knowledge of wine essential;
- Previous training experience essential;
- Silver Service / Fine Dining knowledge desirable;
- Reception and rooms management knowledge
- Personal Licence holder.
- Excellent spoken English;
- Ability to communicate effectively is imperative;
- Must have a desire to generate customer satisfaction;
- Immaculate personal appearance is required;
- Ability to work in a pressurised environment;
- A confident and professional approach is essential.
Want to Apply?
Fill in the form below and submit
Brocket Hall History
Planning your Visit
Hertfordshire AL8 7XG