We are looking for a talented and passionate Assistant Gardener to work with our extraordinary team on our beautiful estate. Located just 22 miles outside of London and surrounded by 543 acres of idyllic Hertfordshire countryside, the Brocket Hall Estate boasts spectacular scenery and combines heritage and impeccable service while offering some of the finest golf, fine dining and conference & event facilities in the United Kingdom.
Job Title: Gardener
Reports To: Course Manager
Location: Welwyn, United Kingdom
Working Days: Monday – Sunday 5/7 days
Working Hours: Changes seasonally – average 42 hours per week
Gardener job role:
- To work on all soft landscape areas in particular the re-planting to produce different planting schemes during the year;
- To schedule work appropriately in the required areas, ensuring guest’s activities are not affected and to maximize efficiency;
- Attend monthly meetings to review previous months’ work and to discuss long-term projects and different planting schemes during the year;
- Cutting of lawns, weeding beds, collection of leaves, pruning of shrubs and trees and general maintenance;
- To ensure that all equipment is kept in a good working order and to report any faults immediately;
- Help with salting of paths and patios in frosty, snowy conditions;
- Ensure standards and cleanliness are maintained;
- Assisting Greenkeepers when required.
- A minimum of one years’ experience in a similar position.
- NVQ Level 2 in Amenity or Decorative Horticulture or City & Guilds equivalent;
- City & Guilds Level 2 in Garden Design;
- Pesticide Modules PA1, PA6A, PA2;
- Chainsaw operation;
- First Aid desirable;
- Full clean driving licence.
- Complimentary meals during your working day
- Childcare vouchers
- Contributory Pension Scheme
- Coaching & development
- Annual awards
- Staff discounts
- Career progression
Want to Apply?
Fill in the form below and submit
Brocket Hall History
Planning your Visit
Hertfordshire AL8 7XG