To assist the Course Manager/Deputy with the management of the golf courses and practice facilities, plus any upgrading and improvements as required.
- To assist the Course Manager/Deputy with the management of both courses and practice areas with the aim to make them playable for as many of the 365 days of the year as possible;
- To assist in the maintenance of all grassland areas on the Estate;
- To assist in maintaining and the regeneration of Estate woodlands (including fire wood) for all buildings on the Estate;
- To assist the Course Manager/Deputy to ensure that all equipment is kept in a good working order and to report any faults immediately, adhere to current health & safety procedures;
- To attend staff meetings to discuss course work and current issues as required;
- To assist the Course Manager/Deputy in the implementation of all Company Procedures;
- To assist and support the Course Manager/Deputy in the training of staff when required.
- NVQ Level II Greenkeeping – essential;
- NVQ level III – Greenkeeping – desirable;
- Pesticide Modules PA1, PA2 and PA6A;
- Full Clean Driving Licence.
- Previous Greenkeeping experience essential;
- Golf Knowledge desirable;
- Possess a sound knowledge of mechanics.
- A confident and mature approach is essential;
- Must be self motivated, whilst understanding the importance of working as part of a team;
- Able to work unsupervised;
- Punctual (daily starts from 6am, which can be earlier in summer months);
- Hardworking with a sense of urgency;
- Ability to work in a pressurised environment and able to work to deadlines;
- Flexibility – to work weekends as required;
- To be in good health, actively mobile and physically fit and able to work in all weather conditions;
- A positive ‘can do’ attitude is essential;
- Keen sense of humour.
Want to Apply?
Fill in the form below and submit
Brocket Hall History
Planning your Visit
Hertfordshire AL8 7XG