We are looking for an experienced Assistant Greenkeeper to join our growing team. Located just 22 miles outside of London and surrounded by 543 acres of idyllic Hertfordshire countryside, the Brocket Hall Estate boasts spectacular scenery and combines heritage and impeccable service while offering some of the finest golf, fine dining and conference & event facilities in the United Kingdom.
Job Title: Assistant Greenkeeper
Reports To: Course Manager
Location: Welwyn, United Kingdom
Working Hours: 42 hours per week on average
- To assist the Course Manager/Head Greenkeepers with the management of both courses and practice areas with the aim to make them playable for as many of the 365 days of the year as possible.
- To assist in the maintenance of all grassland areas on the Estate.
- To assist in maintaining and the regeneration of Estate woodlands (including fire wood) for all buildings on the Estate.
- To assist the Course Manager/Head Greenkeepers to ensure that all equipment is kept in a good working order and to report any faults immediately, adhere to current health & safety procedures.
- To attend staff meetings to discuss course work and current issues as required.
- To assist the Course Manager/Head Greenkeepers in the implementation of all Company Procedures.
- To assist and support the Course Manager/Head Greenkeepers in the training of staff.
Assistant Greenkeeper Requirements:
- NVQ Level II Greenkeeping – essential
- NVQ level III – Greenkeeping – desirable
- Pesticide Modules PA1, PA2 and PA6A
- Full Clean Driving Licence
- Previous Greenkeeping experience essential
- Possess a sound knowledge of mechanics
Assistant Greenkeeper Benefits:
• Free Car Parking • Complimentary meal during your working day • Career opportunities and the ability to cross-train in other departments • Uniform • Contributory Pension Scheme • Reward for introducing a friend • Free Golf & Staff Discounts (Subject to qualifying period).
Want to Apply?
Fill in the form below and submit
Brocket Hall History
Planning your Visit
Hertfordshire AL8 7XG