To assist the Course Manager/Head Greenkeepers with the management of the golf courses and practice facilities, plus any upgrading and improvements as required.
Located just 22 miles outside of London and surrounded by 543 acres of idyllic Hertfordshire countryside, the Brocket Hall Estate boasts spectacular scenery and combines heritage and impeccable service while offering some of the finest golf, fine dining and conference & event facilities in the United Kingdom.
Assistant Greenkeeper requirements:
- NVQ Level 2 – Green keeping – Essential
- Pesticide Modules PA1, PA2 & PA6A – Desirable
- Full Clean Driving License
- Previous greenkeeping experience
- A sound knowledge of greenkeeping practices
Duties will include:
- To assist the Course Manager/Head Greenkeepers with the management of both courses and practice areas with the aim to make them playable for as many of the 365 days of the year as possible;
- To assist in the maintenance of all grassland areas on the Estate;
- To assist in maintaining and the regeneration of Estate woodlands (including fire wood) for all buildings on the Estate;
- To assist the Course Manager/Head Greenkeepers to ensure that all equipment is kept in a good working order and to report any faults immediately, adhere to current health & safety procedures;
- To attend staff meetings to discuss course work and current issues as required;
- To assist the Course Manager/Head Greenkeepers in the implementation of all Company Procedures;.
- To assist and support the Course Manager/Head Greenkeepers in the training of staff.
- Free meals during your working day
- Childcare vouchers
- Contributory Pension Scheme
- Coaching & development
- Annual awards
- Staff discounts
- Career progression
- NVQ Level II Greenkeeping – essential;
- NVQ level III – Greenkeeping – desirable;
- Pesticide Modules PA1, PA2 and PA6A;
- Full Clean Driving Licence
- Previous Greenkeeping experience essential;
- Possess a sound knowledge of mechanics
We are looking to fill this job as soon as possible. We will contact you within the next 2 weeks if you are successful and you will be invited for an interview followed by a trial shift.
Want to Apply?
Fill in the form below and submit
Brocket Hall History
Planning your Visit
Hertfordshire AL8 7XG