Safety Amendments for Golf Players
Golf is the ideal sport for social distancing as you walk in the fresh air of our hundreds of acres of fairways.
You’ll also find social distancing measures in place in our clubhouse facilities and we have made a number of changes to our playing procedures to increase the safety of golfers and minimise the risks of spreading Coronavirus.
- BOOKING YOUR ROUND
- ARRIVING AT THE MELBOURNE CLUB
- PALMERSTON LOUNGE & FACILITIES
- ON THE COURSE
- AFTER YOUR ROUND
- Golfers must book and pay in advance.
- Golfers may only book and play if they are symptom-free of COVID-19, are not in self-isolation, and have not been overseas in the past 14 days.
- You are only permitted to visit the Brocket Hall Estate if you have no Coronavirus symptoms and you adhere at all times to government and club guidance regarding the playing of outdoor sport.
- Anyone with a temperature of 37.8C or greater need to call the NHS 111 Coronavirus and follow advice.
- When checking in at golf concierge, all players must scan the NHS Track & Trace QR code.
- Golfers should arrive ready to play and change into their golf shoes in the car park.
- The Clubhouse remains closed. Palmerston Lounge has been opened for dining purposes & for check-in /check-out from Melbourne Lodge.
- Use of lockers and showers remain unavailable.
- Seating at Palmerston Lounge will comprise of 2 or 3 guests per table. Do not move chairs or tables to increase table capacities
- Please ensure that all guests wear face masks when entering Palmerston Lounge. Masks may be removed when dining.
- The bar will be open after golf, beverages will be available by table service only.
- Please strictly maintain social distancing with all non-household members at all times, without exception. This includes within the car park, driving range area, clubhouse and golf course.
- Guests to remain in their groups of 4 at all times (golf & dining) throughout their visit.
- Please avoid touching any surfaces unnecessarily.
- Golfers are required to adhere to the two-metre social distancing recommendation at all times with other players. They should be particularly mindful on the tee, on the green and while searching for golf balls in the rough.
- Bunker rakes have been removed. Please smooth bunkers using club or feet. You may use preferred lies in a bunker if the ball rests in any mark made due to lack of raking.
- Flagsticks should be left in throughout the round, even when holing out.
- Please be careful when picking your ball out of the hole.
- Please use soap and hand sanitisers situated around the venue for your convenience.
- If buggies are hired, the steering wheels etc will be wiped down with sanitisers after every use, only one person per buggy is permitted.
- If a ball is lost or unplayable, golfers must not go back to play the shot again to avoid congestion on the course.
- Club and shoe cleaning will not be available.
- Changing rooms and showers will not be available.
- Alfresco and indoor dining and refreshments is available at Palmerston Lounge.
- Staff have been provided with appropriate protective equipment, for your and their protection.
Brocket Hall History
Planning your Visit
Hertfordshire AL8 7XG